The first beta release leading to JBoss Web 3.0 is now out. This release provides support for Servlet 3.0, JSP 2.2 and EL 1.2. Departing from the standalone packaging used in JBoss Web 2.x, JBoss Web 3.0 is based on JBoss AS, and also serves as a preview of the web capabilities that will be included in JBoss AS 6.0.
Major changes include:
- Jasper now integrates with JBoss VDF, for much faster JSP initialization
- Servlet 3.0 support: async, pluggability, annotations, servlet container initializer, new APIs, overlays
- JSP 2.2 support
- Expression Lanaguage 1.2 support
- Implement Servlet 3.0 async functionality on top of JBoss Web event mode
- Add IO-less event mode to all connectors
- Rebased commons fileupload
- Lots of other fixes and improvements
Work will continue in future builds to optimize the packaging, focusing releases on Servlet & JSP, and produce corresponding documentation.
Downloads page: http://www.jboss.org/jbossweb/downloads/jboss-web/